Email

Contact me at: mpgraphics@hotmail.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Snap Shots by Hand Day 10

Both ends of the spectrum can be very hard. That is, the very young and the very old. Each has its own problems and approaches to over come. But, the results, if done right are spectacular.

With the young it is two things that I have to deal with. being fidgety and their facial features are extremely soft. Most of the time I get past the fidgety by drawing them as the sleep. The hardest part is by far the proportions and facial features. The same rules for where to put the eyes and ears and such are no different then another person. There are just too few wrinkles. They do make a difference - especially in black and white drawing.

Seniors, on the other hand, are overflowing with "character lines". And by their very nature don't move too much. So they make great models. They also are sharp. Most of the ones I have drawn have asked to see the drawing even when I thought they had not noticed me drawing them. They are also very gracious about my work - even when I have not been flattering. Check out the two below for more comments.


I was reminded of the little brother in the movie " Christmas Story" when I saw him. So heavily bundled up he could barely move. He fussed for a bit, but the moving bus rocked him to sleep quickly

 This is Abraham. One of the regular riders late night. I tend to like drawing men with beards and mustaches. It is a cheat for me. It means I don't have to tackle the lips. But in this case it is what drew me to him - along with his long pony tail that was still his original reddish color. When I was finished he made a point of coming over and commenting on the work (he liked it)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment