Email

Contact me at: mpgraphics@hotmail.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Going to the Roc Con

My Spidey senses are tingling. This next one I did for my friends older son since he is crazy about Spider Man.  What was hard was depicting a Rhino as a svelt, muscular guy. Lets face it Rhinos are fat. But, put a real rhino hanging from a spider thread and it will snap LOL. So I came up with this guy here.

Now, Spider Man has a special connection to Rochester. You see the last Spider Man movie was filmed in downtown Rochester. I still remember the delays trying to ride the buses while they were filming. One vacant lot had several dozen NYPD squad cars parked there and some of the signs were changed to NYC ones.

That is why, when you look at the background you see the Rochester Times Square building.


Now, for the trading card I cheated I used the same image and just erased out background and redid it to match the style of the other cards. I also simplified the color work since we are talking about little cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment