Email

Contact me at: mpgraphics@hotmail.com

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm amazed with the range of expression and emotion that can be shown with an economy of line. The more I work with it the less I have put down to properly portrait the person or object I am drawing. I realize that making it look like the person or place is not the objective of the work. But in the field of representational art it becomes a means of evaluating the quality of the work.

What I am trying to show is a bit of the emotion behind the image. That is far easier with people the places or objects. However, the simpler work seems to be expresive. Color is were I am trying to do the same but am still working through the techniques. Mostly I am working in water color pencils but also standard water color and colored pencils for detail work.

No comments:

Post a Comment