Email

Contact me at: mpgraphics@hotmail.com

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Coat of Arms

     I have been a avivd follower of history in all its' trappings.  As an artist, heraldry really caught my attention.  A visual record of someones' history.  The rules and regulations behind it are vast and change from country to country.  During the middle ages it was the best way for an artist to make a living.  Some of the rules are the same, though, from place to place.  Like the simpler the coat, the older the family. 
   This one above is carved in stone and hanging above the entrance to "El Morro".  It is a wonderful piece and I'm amazed that the detail is still vivid after a century hanging there.  What with the humidity, mold, and rain.  Yeah, I am still on a kick for Puerto Rico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment